HR as we know it is constantly changing and evolving—so much so that it is incredibly difficult to keep track of every new digital trend that emerges. It’s time for HR’s digital transformation. An HR digital transformation is the implementation and use of technology to augment an HR department’s capabilities. The goal with an HR digital transformation is two-fold: to automate HR processes in order to save time and money, and to collect and analyze data from those processes to make more data-driven decisions.
While neither the COVID19 pandemic nor digital innovations have made any of the HR responsibilities disappear, the reality is that there are new needs. HR departments today are under pressure to rewrite the rules by redesigning talent practices, from hiring to leadership to performance management; experimenting with digital applications; and building a compelling experience for employees. All of this should be done with a focus on redesigning the organization around teams, implementing analytics and organizational network analysis, and driving a global focus on diversity, culture, learning, and careers. However, both HR and digital transformation are very broad concepts, let’s see some examples of how a technology can make a difference in the management of people in a company:
1. Digital Signature
HR can speed up the hiring and labor management processes, eliminating all those repetitive tasks and being more productive in your day to day.
The HR digital transformation through the implementation of the digital signature aims to provide the possibility for your HR team to dedicate more time to other types of activities with greater added value such as the development of strategic plans, ultimately to generate efficiency in the department management: the search for new suppliers, the negotiation of the terms of a contract or the promotion and consolidation of the internal and external relationships with suppliers and customers. Let’s see in more detail what this innovation brings to people management:
- Management of Recruitment and new hires: Both in the staff recruitment process, and when onboarding a new worker, we will collect information and data from people. In addition to using the electronic signature in contracts, it will also be useful when we have to manage other documents such as confidentiality agreements or contractual offers.
- Layoffs and off boarding process: The moment we meet with an employee and inform him that our employment relationship has ended, we must formalize that meeting with a signed document that validates that the employee has been informed of this situation. Failure to do so could lead to unfair dismissal claims.
- Streamlining and traceability when signing documents: These new flows create a digital experience that is faster, more cost efficient, safer and with less risk when verifying compliance with current legal regulations, this can occur in mandatory time registration, contract with suppliers, purchase of personal protective equipment, etc.
2. Digital Identity Management
Unlike paper identifications, such as passports or driving licenses, digital identity is distinguished because its authentication is carried out through a digital channel, which allows access to innumerable social services and benefits for HR. A fully legal, transparent and authenticated Digital Identity that is followed by the creation of a digital certificate – a digital document issued under the authority of an official body that allows a person or business to exchange information in a legally effective way with full protection for their privacy. Some of the most important advantages of a digital Identity management are:
- Easier dealings with government and local authorities
- Being able to manage all sorts of official processes (income tax returns), banking (account management), health providers (making appointments, electronic prescriptions)
- Being able to check on official processes 24/7/365
- For the self-employed, paying all your taxes (some are even required to be paid on-line), find out about repayments and delayed payment, view all tax and employment information
- Confirmation at any point that the right person is involved, reducing identity theft and fraud.
3. Digital Certificates
Digital certificates are being an invaluable resource for HR areas. Thanks to their certificates and HR digital transformation, companies have not only been able to streamline their management processes, but have also played a very relevant role in people management:
- Been able to deal with officialdom from anywhere and at any time. Something that would be completely inconceivable if management or HR officers needed to attend government offices, closed during the lockdown
- Been able to check any time the status of their government-related administrative processes, which has been critical in the new world of grants, administrative appeals and claims, applications by businesses for government pandemic support, among others
- A Digital Certificate does not just provide the same certainty and reliability as a physical signature – it is better
- Had all their information in dedicated up-to-date computer file
- Saved the cost of messengers and printing, which are themselves not very environmentally friendly.
4. Centralized Management System for Administrative Telematic Notifications
The expiration of a term with the public administration is one of the worst nightmares that a HR professional can face. With a digital notification management solution relieves companies of the need to dedicate human resources to pursue digital notifications from management and provide peace of mind regarding potential penalties. This solution provides a central point, to interact with all the notification systems and digital certificates, facilitate access to notification inboxes and storage of notification documents.
Have a centralized management system that provides organizations with an easier way to handle administrative digital notifications, in order to avoid problems related to a lack of control over them, such as:
- Use of digital certificates by several people
- Access granularity, which makes it difficult to restrict access to some types of notifications
- Lack of a local registry of actions
HR digital transformation is a methodology that organizations use to implement automation into their business processes. For HR departments, historically this meant focusing on process design and scalability to achieve uniformity in HR practices. Contemporary HR departments, however, are tasked with a broader range of responsibilities. In addition to optimizing their department’s business processes, HR also needs to focus on optimizing employee productivity, teamwork, and facilitating professional growth.
If you are interested in knowing more about digital solutions for HR, request a demo, or have any questions, we encourage you to contact us. We will be delighted to help you. Finally, if you are on social networks, connect with us to be aware of our news and learn more about digital signatures and digital certificates. We are on Twitter and LinkedIn. Follow us!