Education goes beyond the mere transmission of knowledge. Educating means training future professionals and leaders, providing them with tools that will help them later to enter an increasingly competitive job market.
This process, which previously took place face to face in the classroom, has changed in recent years. We are all familiar with virtual platforms for online courses and master’s degrees, and today we could not conceive the idea of seeking information in a printed encyclopedia, but turn to the source of information par excellence of our time, the Internet.
Currently, all sectors are immersed in the digital transformation process, and education is no exception. In a hyper-connected world like ours, facilitating the work of professors, administrators and students is not limited to the adoption of new digital tools, but involves a change of mentality, with the primary objective to reorganize the strategies in the best possible way, reaching higher profits and decreasing costs.
The reduction of borders in a global world thanks to the Internet enables education to be more flexible and accessible than ever before. We are living an unprecedented revolution. What is the current situation of the education sector concerning digital transformation? What challenges are you facing today?
Digital transformation: concepts and trends
Within the digital transformation for the education sector, we can distinguish various branches and concepts that go beyond the use of computers and tablets during school hours.
Perhaps the most remarkable of them all is edtech, technology for the education sector, which has long been talked about. The purpose of the edtech is not to substitute the teachers, but to facilitate their work and make it more comfortable for them and the students.
E-learning is also an increasingly common word in our vocabulary. The ability to receive online training through a platform that students have access through an authentication system promotes learning and provides excellent flexibility.
Another type of technology being adopted little by little is augmented reality, which allows students to study content in a more dynamically and visually.
Finally, the emergence of the cloud, although not exclusive to the education sector, has also been decisive for the digital transformation experience. This type of technology allows access to content anywhere, anytime, quickly and conveniently.
But the digital transformation not only facilitates the work of teachers and students, but also the rest of the staff at the institutions (for example, administrative or security departments), who can draw on, for example, digital signatures to fill out registration documents and certification much faster, increasing the efficiency of the institution.
Benefits of digital transformation in the education sector
Among the multiple benefits that digital transformation brings, it is worth mentioning:
- An increase in the number of students, who can access training from all over the world.
- More personalized learning tailored to the real needs of students.
- A reduction in costs for schools.
- More comfort for teachers, staff, and students thanks to the network connection and various tools, such as digital signature.
- Better collaboration between educational Institutions.
- Greater security and privacy of data and content.
- Reduced paper use and all associated costs, both economic and ecological.
The prominent role of digital identity
Digital identity plays an essential role in the digital transformation of educational institutions. By using technologies such as certificates unique identities for people and electronic devices can be generated, which allow secure access to networks and educational platforms, and application of digital signatures in emails and documents.
nebulaSUITE for educational institutions
nebulaSUITE by vintegrisTECH provides educational with the solution for the whole digital identity cycle they are looking for, enabling them to issue, renew, manage and audit the use of digital certificates centrally; discover and make inventories of service and personal digital certificates; get legally binding digital signatures; gain robust authentication and manage administrative telematic notifications —in just one solution.
- Reduce waiting time and increase the teachers’ and students’ satisfaction.
- Avoid fraud and identity theft regarding diplomas and certifications, and the reputational damage to your institution that might ensue from these threats.
- Avoid delays and economic losses associated with expired digital certificates.
- Increase the efficiency of staff and teachers with cloud-based certificate management.
- Effortlessly sign and meet compliance requirements for every type of document needed.
- Keep your users’ and electronic devices’ data secure through encryption to increase trust.
- Automate authentication for services such as online courses and enrollment processes across all platforms.
nebulaSUITE can be applied to enrollments, certificates and diplomas, secure access to courses, platforms and all types of online student information, accreditation of teachers and staff and various human resource documents.
Do you want to know more?
We invite you to download our brief on education, to know in depth all the benefits that nebulaSUITE can bring to your organization in its process of digital transformation.
Moreover, if you already have it clear and want to see for yourself what this all-in-one digital identity solution is capable of, ask for your demo now.